- Timeout now doesn’t trigger a retry by default (can be overriden by setting retry_on_timeout=True)
- Introduced new parameter retry_on_status (defaulting to (503, 504, )) controls which http status code should lead to a retry.
- Implemented url parsing according to RFC-1738
- Added support for proper SSL certificate handling
- Required parameters are now checked for non-empty values
- ConnectionPool now checks if any connections were defined
- DummyConnectionPool introduced when no load balancing is needed (only one connection defined)
- Fixed a race condition in ConnectionPool
Compatibility with newest (1.3) Elasticsearch APIs.
- Filter out master-only nodes when sniffing
- Improved docs and error messages
Bugfix release fixing escaping issues with request_timeout.
Compatibility with newest Elasticsearch APIs.
- Test helpers - ElasticsearchTestCase and get_test_client for use in your tests
- Python 3.2 compatibility
- Use simplejson if installed instead of stdlib json library
- Introducing a global request_timeout parameter for per-call timeout
- Bug fixes
Elasticsearch 1.0 compatibility. See 0.4.X releases (and 0.4 branch) for code compatible with 0.90 elasticsearch.
- major breaking change - compatible with 1.0 elasticsearch releases only!
- Add an option to change the timeout used for sniff requests (sniff_timeout).
- empty responses from the server are now returned as empty strings instead of None
- get_alias now has name as another optional parameter due to issue #4539 in es repo. Note that the order of params have changed so if you are not using keyword arguments this is a breaking change.
- helpers.bulk_index renamed to helpers.bulk (alias put in place for backwards compatibility, to be removed in future versions)
- Added helpers.streaming_bulk to consume an iterator and yield results per operation
- helpers.bulk and helpers.streaming_bulk are no longer limitted to just index operations.
- unicode body (for incices.analyze for example) is now handled correctly
- changed perform_request on Connection classes to return headers as well. This is a backwards incompatible change for people who have developed their own connection class.
- changed deserialization mechanics. Users who provided their own serializer that didn’t extend JSONSerializer need to specify a mimetype class attribute.
- minor bug fixes
- Fixes to helpers.bulk_index, better error handling
- More benevolent hosts argument parsing for Elasticsearch
- requests no longer required (nor recommended) for install
- ignore param acceted by all APIs
- Fixes to helpers.bulk_index