- get_alias now has name as another optional parameter due to issue #4539 in es repo. Note that the order of params have changed so if you are not using keyword arguments this is a breaking change.
- helpers.bulk_index renamed to helpers.bulk (alias put in place for backwards compatibility, to be removed in future versions)
- Added helpers.streaming_bulk to consume an iterator and yield results per operation
- helpers.bulk and helpers.streaming_bulk are no longer limitted to just index operations.
- unicode body (for incices.analyze for example) is now handled correctly
- changed perform_request on Connection classes to return headers as well. This is a backwards incompatible change for people who have developed their own connection class.
- changed deserialization mechanics. Users who provided their own serializer that didn’t extend JSONSerializer need to specify a mimetype class attribute.
- minor bug fixes
- Fixes to helpers.bulk_index, better error handling
- More benevolent hosts argument parsing for Elasticsearch
- requests no longer required (nor recommended) for install
- ignore param acceted by all APIs
- Fixes to helpers.bulk_index